Dr. Andrea is ready to support you
Dr. Andrea Picardo is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor and Birth Doula based in Mississauga, Ontario. She is a registered member of the Ontario Association of Naturopathic Doctors (OAND) and Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND). She is in good standing with her regulatory body, College of Naturopaths of Ontario (CONO).
Dr. Picardo maintains a general family practice with a special interest in women’s health, prenatal care and pediatrics. She is ready to support:
- women with their reproductive health (PMS, PMDD, PCOS, endometriosis)
- women throughout pregnancy as a certified Naturopathic Birth Doula (preparing birth plans, and post-natally)
- children (providing well-child checks, and supporting those with chronic skin conditions and allergies)
When she is not in clinic supporting her patients, she enjoys hiking, reading, and being a proud mother to her many houseplants.
My Journey to Naturopathic Medicine
Dr. Picardo first obtained a Bachelor of Science with a double major in Biology for Health Sciences and Anthropology at the University of Toronto. Having witnessed the power of naturopathic medicine within her own family, she explored the field before deciding to earn her Doctor of Naturopathy at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM).
During her clinical internship at CCNM, she was selected for the competitive Pediatrics Focus shift at the Robert Schad Naturopathic Clinic. She also maintained a position at the Sherbourne Community Health Clinic, helping to make naturopathic care more accessible through free appointments and community acupuncture.
Some of her certifications and qualifications include:
- Doctor of Naturopathy from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Bachelor of Science with a double major in Biology for Health Sciences and Anthropology from the University of Toronto (Mississauga campus)
- Member of the Ontario Association of Naturopathic Doctors (OAND)
- Member of the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND)
- Certified Naturopathic Birth Doula (York Regional Doulas)
- Facial Rejuvenation and Cosmetic Acupuncture certification (Two Circles Acupuncture)